Wondering if our curriculum for this upcoming year will be right for you? Most of our STEAM, Art and Social Studies activities will be able to be done by any age child but the level of understanding (and how you explain it to them) may vary.
We do have some goals and objectives for the year in Math and English/Pre-Writing. If you are following our curriculum, you may get ahead or behind us with these subjects and either is okay! I’ll be posting our resources just in case you do want to go at a different pace. Everything will be ready for you!
All that matters is that you just go at your child’s pace. I have planned out most of our year’s activities except for these subjects because I have no idea how long it will take us to get through each.
PRESCHOOL GOALS FOR THE SCHOOL YEAR
- Recognizing, Tracing and Writing all Upper and Lower Case Letters
- Recognizing Sight Words
- Reading CVC Words
- Identifying Rhyming Words
- Recognizing, Tracing, Writing and Counting Numbers up to 100 (Counting by 1’s, 5’s and 10’s)
- Understanding the Concept of Greater Than or Less Than
- Basic Understanding of Addition and Subtraction
- Identifying, Tracing and Drawing Basic Shapes
- Recognizing and Creating Patterns and Sequences
- Sorting and Classifying
- Tracing, Cutting and Pasting
- Understanding Concepts of Time (before and after)
- Understanding Concepts of the Calendar (Months, Days of the Week, Seasons)
- Recognizing Quantitative and Qualitative Change (getting taller, growth in plants, etc)
- Making Comparisons between Objects (length, height, weight etc)