Let me start this off by saying I am not the best at taking pictures of food and I am not becoming a food blogger. However, I started Whole 30 two weeks ago and have been feeling amazing. For ease, my daughter and husband are also eating the same. The meals I have been making are child-approved and Cuban-approved (by this I mean, my husband thinks rice and beans are vegetables).
Balsamic Chicken and Veggie Bake
- 1 ¼ lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast, tenders or thighs (if large, cut in half)
- 3 small heads broccoli, chopped into pieces (about 4 cups)
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and cut into skinny sticks (about 1 ½ cups)
- 1 small red onion, diced
- ½ cup cherry or grape tomatoes
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- ⅓ cup avocado or olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 3-4 tbsp. fresh basil, finely chopped + additional for topping
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme (1/2 tsp. dried)
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Marinate chicken in oil, garlic, basil, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Meanwhile, chop veggies. Place veggies, EXCEPT for tomatoes, on the sheet pan.
- Remove chicken from zip-lock bag, move veggies around to make spaces for the chicken. Place chicken on pan. Pour balsamic sauce over chicken and veggies.
- Transfer pan to the oven and bake for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, remove from oven and add tomatoes and toss veggies. Place back into the oven.
- Bake for an additional 5-10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. This will depend on the thickness of the chicken.
Super easy weeknight meal! I made enough for an extra lunch portion for us for the next day.